Cadorath uses the cold spray technique primarily to deposit a solid powder coating to a variety of substrate types and materials. The technique is often used in the repair and new fabrication of various surfaces—including metals, polymers, ceramics and other composite materials.
ADVANTAGES OF COLD SPRAY
- Considerably cooler than similar methods.
- Achieved by applying coatings at supersonic speeds.
- Sprayed particles deform materials as they impact the substrate.
- Unique in that material is never taken to a melting point to create bonding and adhesion.
- Provides advantages over cutting edge technologies, such as 3D printing or laser deposition.
ORIGINS AND DEVELOPMENT
Cold spray dates back to the invention of thermal spray and general metalizing practices. In the past few decades, cold spray has been considered a viable alternate to the more aggressive techniques.
With each passing year, more research and testing is performed and more industries are turning to the cold spray process for their repair and manufacturing needs. At Cadorath, we continue to refine and develop cold spray to ensure it’s the best choice for our clients’ specific needs.
Would you like to learn more about the benefits of cold spray?
Contact us to talk with an expert.
E-mail: [email protected]
OUR METALIZING CAPABILITIES:
|Robotic HVOF||Robotic Plasma Spray|
|Robotic Thermal Spray||Spray and Fuse|
|Dual Wire Arc||Wire Spray|