PLATING & ANODIZING
Cadorath utilizes over 20 in house different plating and anodizing solutions to fit your requirements.
Plating takes advantage of the unique properties common to a variety of precious metals. Our customers in aircraft, industrial and agricultural enterprises rely heavily on electroplating processes to extend the life of their worn parts, which are often exposed to some of the harshest and most demanding conditions. Through electroplating, our technicians can deposit specific materials onto the base metal, using our customer’s own parts. An offshoot of the process, called electroless plating, achieves the same results but through a different technique—wholly dependent on chemical reactions. Electroless plating can achieve tolerances as fine as 0.0001 inches without the need for grinding or machining.
ADVANTAGES OF PLATING
- Significantly better corrosion, abrasion and chemical resistance.
- Improved lubricity.
- Enhanced electrical conductivity.
- Improved cosmetic appearance.
Anodizing makes use of the natural attributes within aluminum and titanium metals—such as wear; heat, corrosion and abrasion resistance; and insulation improvements. The anodizing process penetrates the metals’ substrate and deposits the required amounts of oxide on the outer surfaces.
ADVANTAGES OF ANODIZING
- Allows for the addition of colour dyes to whatever material is being used.
- Uses conventional; hard and chromic; and sulphuric acid solutions.
- Use of sulphuric acid performs both hard and clear anodizing: Clear (with or without sealer), Clear Black, Hard, and Hard Black.
- Conversion coatings for aluminum: Clear (Trivalent CR3) and Yellow (Hexavalent CR6).
- The added step of sealing acts as a filler to fix cavities created during the process and enhances the metals’ natural wear and resistance.
OUR PLATING & ANODIZING CAPABILITIES:
OUR SPECIAL PROCESS CAPABILITIES:
|Plating & Anodizing Processes
|Brazing & Heat Treatment Processes
|Painting & Specialty Coatings
|Inspection and Testing