Through the TIN PLATING process, Cadorath technicians deposit a coating of solderable tin onto the surface of a material via an electrical current. Electroplating tin is an extremely cost-effective process, primarily because tin is so readily available and much less expensive than metals such as gold, platinum or palladium.
ADVANTAGES OF TIN PLATING
- Tin is soft, ductile and not easily oxidized in air.
- Offers an excellent level of conductivity, making tin plating useful in the manufacturing of various electronic parts and equipment.
- Provides superior contact resistance.
- Excellent solderability.
- Non-toxic and used in abundance in the foodservice industry.
- Highly effective for shielding.
ORIGINS AND DEVELOPMENT
The popularity of tin plating coincides with the spread of electricity in the mid-19th century. The tin plating of copper conductors proved to be very effective, necessary because copper often reacted with rubber-based insulating materials and tin did not. Since then, of course, many other applications have become just as common.
The twin advantages of solderability and lubricating properties for electronics ensure tin plating will be used well into the current century.
Would you like to learn more about the benefits of tin plating?
Contact us to talk with an expert.
E-mail: [email protected]
OUR PLATING & ANODIZING CAPABILITIES: